Idaho Whistleblower Law
Whistleblowers protected under common law, but other statutory remedies may preclude use of the remedy.
- Hummer v. Evans, 923 P.2d 981 (Idaho 1996)
- Van v. Portneuf Medical Center, 212 P.3d 982 (Idaho 2009)
- Curlee v. Kootenai County Fire & Rescue, 224 P.3d 458 (Idaho 2008)
- Stout v. Key Training Corp., 158 P.3d 971 (Idaho 2007)
- Idaho Whistleblower Act, ID Code § 6-2101–2109 (public employees)
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Idaho have a False Claims Act (FCA)?
No. Idaho has implemented a generally applicable Medicaid anti-fraud statute intended to prevent fraud against the Idaho Medicaid program, but this is not considered a false claims act.
Does the Idaho FCA have a whistleblower provision?
Does Idaho recognize the public policy exception for wrongful termination?
Yes. Employers in Idaho are prohibited from firing employees who refuse to engage in activity that is illegal or in violation of public policy.