Get a Reward! End Wildlife Trafficking
Wildlife Protection Whistleblower Laws
Landmark Wildlife Conservation & Anti-Trafficking Act of 2018 Introduced
On May 8, 2018, the Wildlife Conservation & Anti-Trafficking Act of 2018 was introduced. This groundbreaking bi-partisan legislation is aimed at making it easier to catch and prosecute poachers, traffickers, and the those involved in the global trade in illegal wildlife and seafood products.
The National Whistleblower Center, the leading whistleblower advocacy group in the U.S., has endorsed the proposed law and issued an urgent call to action for Congress to get this legislation passed immediately. TAKE ACTION: Urge your Representatives to support the Wildlife Conservation and Anti-Trafficking Act of 2018!
- Text of Wildlife Conservation & Anti-Trafficking Act
- WCATA Bill Summary
- GAO Report: Combatting Wildlife Trafficking: Opportunities Exist to Improve the Use of Financial Rewards.
- NWC Special Report to Congress
- NWC Action Alert: Urge Your Representatives to Support Anti-Wildlife Trafficking Legislation!
- KKC Statement: Top Whistleblower Law Firm Takes Lead on New Qui Tam Whistleblower Bill
- KKC Press Release: International Whistleblower Expert Praises Wildlife Crime Whistleblower Bill
- KKC Press Release: Top Whistleblower Attorney Praises GAO Report on Combating Wildlife Trafficking
- Press Release: Congressman John Garamendi (D-Davis, Fairfield, Yuba City) and Don Young (R-AK) Introduces Wildlife Conservation and Anti-Trafficking Act
Statutes and Regulations
- House Report No. 97-276 (Oct. 19, 1981) (Lacey Act Amendments)
- U.S. Attorney’s Manual section for environmental crimes
- House Legislative History Fish and Wildlife Improvement Act 1982 Amendment
- Senate Legislative History Fish and Wildlife Improvement Act 1982 Amendment
Updates and Blogs
- KKC Partner Stephen Kohn and World Bank Meet to Discuss Plans to Protect Wildlife Whistleblowers
- Seminar Series on Whistleblowing Highlights Need for Robust System of Protection and Rewards
- Congress Passes “END Wildlife Trafficking Act”
- Environmental Whistleblowing in the Federal Government
- Stephen Kohn, “Monetary Rewards for Wildlife Whistleblowers: A Game-Changer in Wildlife Trafficking Detection and Deterrence“Environmental Law Reporter (2016)
- Stephen Kohn, “Unlocking the Power of the Wildlife Whistleblower Laws,” Written statement before the U.S. America Council on Wildlife Trafficking
- FWS responses to NWC FOIA requests on the Lacey Act Reward Fund:
- Vaquita & Totoaba:
Incentivizing Whistleblowers to Report Illegal Wildlife Trafficking
Representing Wildlife: For Attorneys
Visit The National Whistleblower Center’s YouTube Channel for more videos.