Law Firm in DuPont Circle seeks an administrative assistant/paralegal to fill an immediate full-time in-person position. Applicants must have a 4-yr degree and be proficient in Microsoft Word, all Apps within Microsoft Office Suite and QuickBooks. Must be highly organized, responsible, multi-tasker, and have a positive professional attitude.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
Preform general office duties, such as answering telephone, scheduling appointments and maintaining calendars in Outlook, assisting with billing, managing the mail and deliveries, time entry, interacting with clients, organizing, maintaining files, editing and finalizing documents, preparing pleadings, letters, exhibits, etc., as well as successfully assisting the managing partner and the litigating attorneys.
- Typing speed of 50 wpm.
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Flexibility & adaptability with a customer (or client) service focus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid knowledge of QuickBooks.
- Good proofreading skills.
- The person in this position needs to occasionally lift 25 pound boxes of legal documents to a height of 2-3 feet.
- The person in this position needs to ascend/descend stairs to access client files and office equipment.
- The person in this position needs the ability to work full-time in-person. No remote work is available for this position.
- Ability to work extended hours if needed.
If you possess these skills and qualifications, e-mail your resume, college transcript, cover letter with three professional references as well as salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes will not be considered without required information.
Salary: $40,000.00 to $45,000.00 /year with benefits.
**Please note: The firm follows public health guidance from the D.C. Government and federal government to set policies on maintaining a safe work place during the COVID-19 pandemic. While these policies are evolving the firm currently requires all employees to be fully vaccinated with the COVID-19 vaccine and to wear face masks indoors at the office. These policies may be modified from time to time based on public health guidance.